Thursday, October 17, 2013

Homemade Bread it is so easy

Pin It
                                  

Here is my favorite food, that does harm to my waist, but satisfies my taste. If I can stop eating bread, pasta, butter and cheese, I think my weight would have been under control. I like to make it with whole wheat, but if I want my kids happier, I will use unbleached white flour. 



 Ingredients:

3 1/2 whole wheat all purpose flour

3 eggs, plus one more for egg wash

1/4 cup butter or vegetable oil

1/4 cup of sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoon dray yeast

1 1/2 cup of water

                                           Instruction:

Mix dry yeast and 1/2 cup warm water and 1/2 cup flour. Cover and let it bubble for 15 minutes. Mix all ingredients together and knead with hand for about 10 minutes. Add more flower if it is too sticky in your hand. 

Make the dough into a ball and place it in a large bowl. Cover and keep in warm place, covered with warm and wet towel. Your dough shouldn't feel sticky, ans should be easy to pull the dough easily.
  Let the dough rise until the dough double its size. Once it double it's size, press the dough with your hand and let the dough rise again for the second time to double it’s size. This time it will take less time to rise. Cover the dough and let it rise again for about 30 minutes.
Start and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Egg wash the dough and sprinkle with sesame seed  ready for baking. Bake for 30-40 minutes.  

Pin It






And here you have fresh bread. I hope you enjoy it!

14 comments:

  1. I Love making homemade bread :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear friend Renee, I hope you are well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Sara e-mail me so I can add you to my blog list

    ReplyDelete
  3. renjac1301@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All is great, SHOCK I was in bed by 10 last night rofl
    How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment above sounds like one that I've said many times in our house. I like to use wheat flour but my kids like all-purpose white. aagh. At what point do you put it in a baking dish? Would you be willing to share this recipe post at our Making Monday link party? We would love it and think our readers would, too. Thanks. Have a fabulous day. http://www.abrightandbeautifullife.com/making-monday-10/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, I have made yeast cinnamon rolls etc but never made a loaf of bread or rolls. Would love to one of these days. Andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kneading bread- there is nothing more therapeutic. Definitely going to try this recipe- love that it's whole wheat! Found you on Ducks n'a Row!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Sara! Those are my three food evils as well! I just went through an entire loaf of freshly baked french bread...by myself! Uggh!! Love this recipe! Think I may make these for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing about bread baking. I have made bread for years. I have made it with white flour (you are right about keeping kids happy) and whole wheat that I grind and before that I used to buy it at a 200 year old grist mill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara. Thanks for linking up this delicious homemade bread recipe to the Sweet Wednesday Link Party! I agree, homemade bread is easy to make and tastes so good! Hope you're having a great week.

    Hugs,
    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, now you made me really hungry! I can almost smell it! Pinned, so I can make it one day and have it in front of my eyes for real:)
    Thanks for sharing at Foodies & Crafties Soirée!
    Gosia | Kiddie Foodies

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love making homemade bread too! So yummy! And smells so good in the oven. :)

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up with This Momma's Meandering Mondays!

    ReplyDelete