Saturday, November 2, 2013

Roasted Veggies and Pasta Salad

Pin It
Why can't we grab vegetables and fruit when we are hungry, rather than chips and cookies. That is because salad needs to be prepared, and when you are in a hurry, you grab what is in your pantry. Well, lately I have been preparing some of favorite salad. When I am in hurry I will just season it with my salad dressing and I have my salad to go or sit and eat.

This salad can be added any favorite vegetables. I have seen this recipe long time ago. I copies and saved it. I am not sure where I saw it, but I made lots of change, so feel free to change it.

                              Ingredients: 

  • 2 cups cooked whole wheat or whole grain pasta according to the package
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 red onion, sliced quartered
  • 1 zucchini, sliced
  • 1 eggplant, sliced
  • 1 large tomatoes, sliced quartered
  • 5 oz soft goat cheese, optional
                            VINAIGRETTE

  • 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
  • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
  • 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2\4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil  

                   INSTRUCTIONS:


  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
  2. Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray and add all the veggies in a single layer. Roast in oven until just browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer the veggies in to a large bowl.
  3. For vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, blend all vinaigrette ingredients into a smooth liquid.
  4. Add pasta and vinaigrette to bowl with vegetables and toss well. Top with cheese and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Sara, it's like you are reading my mind. My husband just asked me what was for dinner (that question never gets old around here!), and I told him I'm going to try and have just vegetables and fruit now for the evening meal. I get my protein in breakfast and lunch. This recipe is perfect!

    On to a healthier me!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete