Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thanksgiving


         I am very thankful for my parent. My father was an amazing, loving and the most generous person I have known. 

         My dad couldn't rest knowing people out there starving. In 1977 in Ethiopian calendar, it was horrible hunger. I remember when I was a little girl, there was a biggest barrel and they were cooking pasta in it and feed the people. And at the end of the day they sleep in our balcony. My dad will wake up in the mid night to check on them if they were cold. They have to leave in the morning before the police comes. So he wakes up early to make sure they have something to eat before they leave.

        It is a treasure I carry to today. As long as I have something to bless, I will continue to bless others. And my mother still lives and it is sad for me that she is far away. I am very grateful for her.

        She is an amazing smart woman. There wasn't a day that she has left my mind. I think of her a lot specially just before bed. Even though we are far way from eachother, I am very grateful to come from in a very rich culture and a big family. There are so many blessings and memories I will cherish foever.

No comments:

Post a Comment