Friday, September 21, 2012

Crochet Coasters

         I learn to crochet when I was 6 years old.

  My sisters and I made from pillow case, table clothes and blankets. I can watch the pattern and make it with out reading. I do want make an effort to explain the pattern.

 Here is step-by-step how to crochet this pattern.
ch = chain, dc = double crochet, sc = single crochet, sl = slip stitch. 
Make 4 ch to form a ring. Make 4 ch to count as 1st dc and ch.
 
Make 1 dc in ring followed by 1 ch, in ring followed by 1 ch into ring. Repeat 7 times, then you will have 8 dc in the ring. 
 
Now, you have 8 dc, Ch 4. 1 dc in same stitch.
*Ch 1, 1 dc in next stitch, ch 1, 1 dc in same stitch. Repeat *. You will be making 2 dc in each dc with a chain inbetween. So finally you will have 16 dc in total with 1 ch between each stitch. Join together.
 
3 dc in each dc with a chain in between. You have 16 dc in total with 1 ch each stitch.
 
Now, you have 16 dc, 6 chain and stitch in between dc and you have your coaster.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I will have to show my daughter this since she has taken up crochet. These are very sweet. You mentioned you wanted to grow your blog, so you now have one more member :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jes. You are amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool you crochet! My mom has always knit, so that's what I know how to do. It seems like a lot of people do one or the other!

    ReplyDelete