Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

 
It is the most wonderful time of the year! My absolute favorite season.
Remember Christ is the only reason for the season.
 My savior, Our Savior is born! The reason why this season is so festival, joyful and full of giving and receiving. It is because God gave His son, Christ the Lord.
He shall be called Emanuel, God in us! May your Christmas be Christ centered as mine.
 
I been baking all kinds of cookies and bars, and I wanted share with you.
 
 
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/3 cup for rolling
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup salted peanutes, roughly chopped

Directions:

Adjust rack to center of oven and heat to 350° F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

 






In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, the brown sugar, and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add the egg and combine, then add the peanut butter. Reduce speed to low, add the flour mixture, and beat until incorporated. Stir in the peanuts.
Form the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll in the remaining sugar and place on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Using the back of a fork, gently press the cookies to form a crisscross pattern.
Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until just golden. Cool on racks.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I LOVE peanut butter cookies! I made some last week and my son and I have already eaten them all :)
    I would enjoy seeing your candy tray - I'm sure it looks wonderful. Aren't they fun to make?! This was my first time making them and I will definitely be making more next year. They are great to give cookies on to people and then you don't have to worry about getting your dish back :)
    I do hope you're enjoying your week. Merry Christmas to you my friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie! I might blend it with cookies recipes. Merry Christmas to you to my friend!

    ReplyDelete