Sunday, December 9, 2012

Popcorn Bars Recipe

I thought will be great snack for this holiday season with green and red MM's.
 
 
 I didn't have roasted peanut at home, so I used Cashew instead.
 
 
Wrapped in for school snacks.
 
 
 
Ingredients:
                   1/4 cup butter
                   1/4 cup light corn syrup /sugar
                   1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
                   2 quarts popped popcorn
                  3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, or cashew chopped
                  1-1/4 cups M&M's minis

I don't use Corn syrup, I substitute 1/4 cup white sugar with 1 spoon of water instead.

Instructions:

In a sauce pan, melt butter on low heat: add corn syrup and marshmallows. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until smooth. Add popcorn; stir until coated. Stir in peanuts and M&M's until combined. Spread into a greased pan. Cool to temperature. Cut into bars and enjoy!!

I would love for you to leave a comment and follow my blog.



8 comments:

  1. I have had something like this before and it is so delicious. I never had the recipe so I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM! What a fun and tasty idea for Christmas time. My son would love to help me make something like this :) Thanks for sharing, sweet friend!
    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This treat looks festive and tasty! I might have to try it. I'm a new GFC follower from the grow your blog hop! Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stpping by, I am glad you liked it! Marry Christmas friends!Thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara...this looks like a fun treat. I am going to try it with raw, unfiltered honey in place of the sugar part since we don't use white sugar. What do you think? I am also featuring your recipe this week at WJIM. Thank you for linking up and sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tks for linking with kids in the kitchen - pinned and shared on facebook! join use each week! following now

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look easy to make and are nice and festive with the red and green M&M's. The colors could be easily changed up for any holiday, red and pink for Valentine's Day, pastels for Easter. I can't wait to try these. I found you through Aloha Friday.

    Cari @ Reach For The Star Berries
    Reach For The Star Berries

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good Sarah!! We made caramel popcorn several times over Christmas. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas?? Thanks so much for linking up over at WholeHearted Home last month. I kinda got swallowed up with all there was to do, especially the doing part about enjoying my family and sure didn't keep up with blogging.

    ReplyDelete