Friday, February 8, 2013

Stir-Fry Sweet and Sour Chicken



Pin It

I love the color of this recipe. So many recipes add Ketchup and sugar for sweet and sour. Carrots & bell peppers are sweet, you don't need sugar. I try to cut any unnecessary sugar and white flour if I don't need to. 
This recipe is very simple and delicious! You can prepare it with in 15 minutes and 15 minutes to finish. I can call it 30 minutes meal.
Ingredients:
                   2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut thin
                   3 tablespoons soy sauce
                   1 teaspoon salt
                   1 teaspoon paprika
                   1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons Canola oil
3 medium carrots sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/4 pounds green beans
1/4 bounds broccoli
You can add scallions, bell peppers, add any veggie your family will love
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Cook noodles or brown rice, for serving (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 table spoon Hoisen sauce

Instructions:

In a large bowl, toss chicken with 1 tablespoon each soy sauce and cornstarch, salt, and pepper.

 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Cook the chicken, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add your veggies, onions and garlic; cook over medium-high, stirring, about 4 minutes.

Whisk soy sauce sauce and hoisen sauce. Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately over noodle or rice, if desired.





 

5 comments:

  1. I found you from Diana Rambles Party! I'm your newest follower via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  2. The veggies are nice and chunky here, just the way I like them! Visiting today from the Let's Get Social Sunday hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing on Party In Polka Dots! Happy to let you know your recipe will be featured!

    Shelley

    www.piggyinpolkadots.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower here! I found you though the blog hop! Cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can visit me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete