I like Baba Ganoush, it is very light to eat as long as you eat it with whole grain bread.
Baba Ganoush Recipe:
- 3 medium-sized eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. Clean the skin of the eggplants, then slice them thin to bake faster.
3. Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until they’re completely soft.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Puree in a blender or food processor with the other ingredients until smooth.
6. Taste, and season with additional salt and lemon juice, if necessary. Serve drizzle with olive oil, serve with toasted pita chips for dipping.
Baba Ganoush can be made and refrigerated for up to five days prior to serving.
I hope this was helpful. I always love reading your comment, thank you for stopping by.