Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pasta Veggie Salad

 

As you all know it is hard to cook or bake in Summer. It has been too hot and we have been eating out a lot.
I saw myself gaining a pound a day, so I decided to prepare fruit or veggie salad in a large portion.

 
I made three containers.  
What I did was, I chopped the veggies I needed and boiled lentils and beans in advance. I also added noodles as well. I prepared hard boiled eggs and olives in separate zip lock bags, I add them when I am ready to eat.  
 
Really, you can add anything you choose and have it ready, even for work or picnic. I like to make my own simple salad dressing. Just add 1 table spoon olive oil, tea spoon lemon juice, 1 garlic chopped, 1 tea spoon mayonnaise, 1 tea spoon vinegar, salt and pepper.
 
I hope this was helpful!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Mmm...Yum! And you're right, it is nice and colorful :) Thinking of you, sweet friend.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. And I love your tips. I wrote a similar post today. Only mine was about 'my' unhealthy lunch! I am looking for ideas for a better lunch. You've inspired.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete