Monday, September 5, 2011

Honor

  Happy Labor Day!!
Labor Day is a United States federal holiday.
The first big Labor Day in the United States was observed on September 5, 1882, by the Central Labor union of New York. It was first proposed by  Peter J. McGuire of the American Federation of Labor in May 1882.
Oregon was the first state to make it a holiday in 1887. By the time it became a federal holiday in 1894, thirty states officially celebrated Labor Day. Following the deaths of a number of workers at the hands of  the U.S military U.S Marshals during the  Pullman Strike, President  Grover Cleveland reconciled with the labor movement. Fearing further conflict, legislation making Labor Day a national holiday was rushed through Congress unanimously and signed into law a mere six days after the end of the strike. The September date originally chosen by the CLU of New York and observed by many of the nation's trade unions for the past several years was selected rather than the more widespread  International Worker's Day because Cleveland was concerned that observance of the latter would stir up negative emotions linked to the Haymarket Affair, which it had been observed to commemorate. All U.S. states, the  District of Columbia, and the territories have made it a statutory holiday.
I know each one of has done some sacrifice whether to our children, parents, community or country. You might be saying, no one notice. First of all, God notices every good work you put in many lives and I promise you one day when you look back you will see and reap the harvest for all the year you saw the seed.
There is not a day I haven't miss my siblings and my mother.  My sister just had a baby and I only had a chance to talk to her on the phone. Only God know how much I miss my siblings, but my kids needs me and the amount of money I will pay for the flight cost's so much. I have kids now, God has trusted me to nurture them and provide for them. We discuss with my kids that sacrifice is necessary. Jesus sacrifice his own life for us, and the Labor Day is one of many sacrifice that we appreciate many hero's in our lives. I hope this encourages you.

No comments:

Post a Comment